The 8180 SIP Audio Alerter is a PoE Wideband wall mount speaker. The device is designed for for voice paging, loud ringing (e.g. machine shop, warehouse, plant) and alert notification (e.g. safety, security, emergency events, OSHA, etc.). This endpoint registers as a third party SIP device into a hosted or premise UC environment. The 8180 supports RTP multicast, Polycom Group Page and Syn-Apps SA Announce. Any number and combination of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters and strobes can be used in a multicast for more comprehensive large scale enterprise or campus deployments. The 8180 supports full zoning capabilities. Talkback is supported, and ambient noise monitoring for automatic volume control of the speaker based on background noise levels.
The 8180 is a SIP compliant wall mount speaker designed for voice paging, loud ringing, and emergency/safety/security notification and alerting. The speaker is PoE and does not require an additional amplifier. Common application envirornments include: classroom, factory (e.g., OSHA), warehouse, utility plant, machine shop, garage, lunch room, kitchen, etc.
Wideband G.722 codec (HD voice) support in the speaker provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy environment. The wideband capability of the speaker improves STI-PA intelligibility scores, which is important in meeting NFPA 72 requirements and the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education.
The 8180 speaker registers as a third party SIP endpoint with all leading premise or hosted UC providers. For multiple speaker deployments, additional devices do not require a SIP license. A single registered speaker can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of additional Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters as required, providing cost effective scalablity using a minimum of network traffic. For multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported via keypress selection.
On the paging side, the 8301 provides balanced audio output using both an XLR connector and terminal block for easy connection to an amplifier, along with a dry contact closure if required by the amplifier.
Further speech enhancement is provided by automatic level control, choice of frequency masks, and optional speech compression. Output level is compatible with consumer, commercial, and pro-audio amplifiers requiring either -10 dBm, 0 dBm, or +4 dBu line level.An audio input (also balanced and isolated to prevent equipment ground loops) can be used for auxiliary input or insertion of the 8301 between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.Features
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Mix with any number and model of Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters using multicast (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373)
- Polycom Group Page
- Syn-Apps SA-Announce
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- Internal memory of 3MB for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (5) and Page (1) extensions
- Outputs for external speaker, slave amplifier, or strobe/visual alerter
- Pre-loaded with several ring tones including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and dogs (Note: custom WAV files can be uploaded to the device)
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE